Bookings: Bookings cannot be made online. Bookings only accepted from Club Referee Coordinators and must be emailed to Kathleen@dublingaa.ie
Aim: To train participants to enable them to Referee at Go Games Level 1.
The course aims to provide participants with knowledge of the rules of Go Games Level 1 and an understanding of fair play and the role of the referee:
- To explore the Qualities of a Good Referee
- To identify what “Tools of the Trade” do I need to Ref.
- To list & describe the Level 1 Go Games Rules to Go Games Referees
- To demonstrate of the “GPS” method of recording scores.
- To introduce the idea of Respect in Go Games
- To show how effective communication can increase the Quality of the Game.
- To provide the class with skills and knowledge to help them deal with dissent and lack of discipline.
- To cover the “What If’s”
Entry Requirements: Course candidates should be14 years of age
Appropriate fee: €60 – Includes cost of Referee’s Gear
Maximum attendance: 25
Duration: 4 evenings each lasting 2 hours
The course would be carried out over four sessions and would test then theoretical and practical knowledge of aspiring referees.
Session 1: An entrance exam (written) is carried out and participants must obtain a 70% pass mark to advance to Session 2. Participants who fail to achieve this pass mark would be required to re-sit the exam at a later stage in order to advance. A sample exam paper is available Here
Session 2 and 3: These Sessions will deal with:
- Requirements of a good referee
- What do I need to Ref
- Rules per age
- Recording scores
- Dissent / Discipline
- “What if’s”
- Administration / Logistics
A variety of training techniques will be used to facilitate learning of each of the above issues. These methods will include, but not be limited to, role play, clip chart activities, PowerPoint presentations and group based activities.
Session 4: This session will carry out “on the pitch training” where each participant will have the opportunity to referee a part of a match and performance evaluation will be provided.
The session will finish with the final Go Games Level 1 Referee exam and participants must obtain 90% to pass the course. Participants will be presented with their Certificate and Referees Gear upon successfully completing the course.
Equipment required: DVD Player, Go Games Manual, Referee Foundation Overheads, Projector, Flip Charts.
Go Games Referees will receive referee pack and a Go Games Referee uniform.