Aim: The aim of the course is to provide coaches with practical strategies for improving forward play and to get players to think about what they do on and off the ball. Ie. Without the ball what do I do? – What are my choices? Where do I go to do “It” ? How Do I Get There?
- Creating Scoring Opportunities.
- Developing Support Play Activities.
- Develop the ability to improve decision making and skills under pressure.
- The coach’s aim is to get them to play with/for/off of each other
- Developing an attacking mentality throughout the entire team when in possession (e.g. half backs deliver ball early and support forwards).
- Promote smarter decision making in possession (e.g. good shot selection).
The course is primarily aimed at coaches of child & youth teams (U8 – Minor). Coaches of all teams are of course welcome.
Tutor: Michael Kennedy
Venue: Thomas Davis GAA Club
Date: Friday 11th March 2016 @ 7.30pm
Duration: 1½ hours minimum.
Methodology: Field based presentations, during which coaches will gain experience through practical coaching skills, drills & routines
* Development squad players will perform the various activities. (observation)
Equipment required: Footballs, Cones, Bibs, Poles