The aim of workshop has arisen from the evolution of Gaelic Football over the last number of years from a traditional formation of 1-3-3-2-3-3, to a much more fluid system where players move with the flow of play into defensive & attacking formations within their specific systems of play. This workshop aims to explain what systems of play are, how to develop simple and user friendly setups and systems as well as how to transfer this knowledge and understanding into the playing environment.
- Develop the ability to improve decision making and skills under pressure.
- The coach’s aim is to make players understand the system before taking to the field.
- Develop strategies and systems of play that will get the best from the players at your disposal.
- The use of magnetic tactics boards to help present the system to players as a learning tool.
- Games that can influence the exercise intensity for improved fitness during training.
The course is primarily aimed at coaches of Adult & Minor Teams. Coaches of all teams are of course welcome
Tutor: John Morrisson
Venue: Fingallians GAA Club, Swords
Date: Friday 23rd October @ 7.30pm
Methodology: Field based presentations, during which coaches will gain experience through practical coaching skills, drills & routines
* Development squad players will perform the various activities.
Equipment required: Footballs, Cones, Bibs, Grid poles,
Devised by Gerard O’Connor Games manager©2013