John Evans current manager of the Tipperary Senior Footballers & U21′s, took a workshop on Defending as a Team in O’Tooles GAA Club, 19th November 2010
The aim of the training workshop is to offer coaches useful ideas on how best to defend as a team:
- Advanced routines with the emphasis on defending.
- A games approach to encourage team Defence.
- Highlight good body positing in defending.
- Apply pressure by focusing on space/time/opposition/balls.
- Incorporate the ball into the physical aspect of training sessions.